After we said goodbye to Grandma Yvette, it was time to get ready for the Easter bunny to come and visit us. I love dying eggs but it can be so hard to keep it to just one dozen eggs - we just don't eat them fast enough, and one year I think I gave Blair salmonella by eating hard-boiled eggs that were in the fridge too long.
Love Blair's Halloween shirt while egg dying.
The Easter bunny arrived and did not disappoint. The high school wrestling team was having a fundraiser and would hide eggs in your yard for the kids to find, and our neighbor Miss Kelly was kind enough to pay for 25 eggs to be hidden (as well as the ones we did inside). The kids had so much fun!
Colin came home from school on Earth Day and said he wanted to go and pick up some trash, do his part to celebrate Earth Day. I was so proud that he had the initiative that I could not say no. I had two eagle-eyed helpers and we managed to find lots of trash and recyclable items to properly dispose of.
Lowe's prepared little gifts for kids to celebrate spring, and I managed to get my hands on a flower pinata! Unfortunately hitting it was much more fun than what was inside...3 strange seed balls. But, a way for the kids to be outside is always a win.
The weather is all over the place during Spring in Michigan - some days are sweater days and some days going to the beach is tolerable. We try to do as much outdoor activity as possible and look forward to the days when the sun is consistently warm (though I'm sure by then we'll be missing some rainy, do-nothing days).
On the same side of that coin, we also have to find ways to have fun inside as well.
We made our own cheese - do not recommend doing this unless you plan on doing it and getting the right supplies. We just used what we had and it was...not good.
Blair has some virtual dance classes (any excuse to dress up) and virtual school - THANKS COVID. But we try to make the best of it and put on a brave face for the kids. What else can we do?
Colin had his first tball game this month as well! We are looking forward to seeing how everything goes and hope that he has a great time.
Life moves on, and these kids continue to drive me crazy and find new ways for me to love them. I mean for real though, how could you not??
No comments:
Post a Comment