Here we are just chipping away at 2021! Chris was out of town for work twice this week, and at first I enjoyed some solo parenting, but I'm definitely over it by this point. The weather cannot be trusted this time of year and with everything around here still closed due to COVID, it has been a struggle to find way to entertain these heathens. But nevertheless, she persevered, and another successful month came to a close.
St Patrick's Day really snuck up on me this year, and I felt very rushed. Chris was also out of town that week, so on top of everything I had to do solo, I also had to prep for a holiday! It ended up working out just fine and the kids had a great time with our annual leprechaun rock (baking soda + water + green food coloring into vinegar) hunting.
Our next big exciting event was hosting Grandma Yvette! She was planning on coming out sometime in March, and decided to overlap it with Chris being gone - which also happened to be the kid's Spring Break. I was so thankful for the extra set of helpful hands, and the kids enjoyed getting to explore and play with Grandma. She is welcome back anytime!!
While Grandma was here, we went to a baby animals exhibit at a local farm. It was such a cool experience, and both kids loved it! Colin & Blair got to hold baby chicks & ducks, get up close and personal with baby cows and sheep and even feed a baby goat. It was so much fun and a great way to spend a day.
We also checked out an awesome outdoor play area - we had been before, but it was the nicest day all week (and believe me, that's not saying much) and I wanted to take them somewhere I know they would have fun. The zipline was of course the big hit, but everyone just enjoyed the sunshine and being outside together.
We still love to play outside, and managed a beach trip this month. It was so windy, which made it almost unbearable to play in the sand. Luckily mom picked a beach with a playground, so they burned an hour or two playing there.
We also play as much as possible with our friends outside - we are so lucky to have a group that loves being in fresh air as much as we do. The extra bonus is that the kids really get along great!
Colin is getting to be such a grown kid. We had his conferences this month and his teacher is really pleased with how he's getting along. She said he likes attention from classmates but knows when it is time to work, she said he's very kind-hearted and a good friends, and also let us know how much he likes to dab (thanks Chris). While he still has selective hearing, we are noticing he doesn't need to be told to do routine things, especially in the morning. I also made it so he can grab his own clothes so he can handle that on his own now too. I continue to be obsessed with his artwork, but I don't think that will ever change.
Blair continues to be Miss Independent, and we are continuing to work on her tone when she decides she doesn't like something. She is obsessed with Batman, and somehow everything always circles back to Batman. "No I can't do that because I'm Batman." "When I get back I will be Batman." "Batman's mom tells him to go to bed too." She can get herself dressed by herself, along with getting her coat and shoes on by herself also. Everyday she seems to find something else to do on her own. She loves to bake and her dance classes, and has recently started drawing people with bodies and limbs (which is a 4 year milestone!).
I finished the month by getting my first COVID shot! Halfway to a return to "normal".
No comments:
Post a Comment