Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Animals Week!

Unintentionally there were a lot of animal related events that took place this week. Colin had his first trip to the zoo, and decided to kick off Shark Week by sinking his teeth into my thighs. I was a biter when I was around his age, so I am not overly shocked in his predatory behavior, but it is painful! He's also learned to be pretty sneaky about when he chomps; he'll look like he wants a hug and then will clamp down on your shoulder. He doesn't like objects specifically made for teething (of course) so I found some creepy, soft toys (lizard and a frog) that seem to closely resemble my flesh to keep him occupied.


I think it is time to say we officially have a walker on our hands. Colin really doesn't take more than 5-6 steps, and then resorts to crawling, but he has great balance and doesn't wobble or fall. We've always noticed that once Colin figures out how to do something, he will continue to do it until he masters it! Good for him. Guess I finally have to put that lid lock on the toilet...



Colin was pretty entertaining in the car this week as well. He expressed an interest in driving so we put him behind the wheel. He had great control of the wheel, just couldn't reach the pedals. Then, we were driving to swim lessons and Chris was playing his Kanye CD (eye roll) and I noticed that Colin was doing the old head bob! Of course I had to take a video and got a gem! Do you see this sly smile? We (and all women in his future) and screwed.


The company that Chris interns at held their summer picnic at the zoo. They closed it down only for employees which was awesome because we didn't have to fight crowds to see animals, especially with a baby in a stroller. We got great views of giraffes, elephants and sleeping gorillas, but by far Colin's favorite were the penguins & the sea lions. They had spaces where you could see them swimming under the water and he loved watching them go by! 


They also had free carousel rides, so we definitely took advantage of that with a quick spin! Unfortunately Colin was in a mood from a) a bit of over-stimulation and b) sitting in the stroller that long so he had a puss on. Of course the one time he's isn't a smiling fool is when we have a great photo op! 


I am SO excited for this weekend and 4th of July celebrations. We don't have anything in particular planned but I think Colin will love the fireworks. He was practicing his "freedom attitude" this past weekend at a little outdoor festival by our house. This photo screams "'MERICA!" so I definitely have a challenge this weekend to outdo this snap!




No comments:

Post a Comment