Well then of course we had Cinco de Mayo, and had to celebrate the holiday! Aunt Stephanie is very festive so she got Colin a little onesie, and SnapChat had a fun filter that we just had to take advantage of...ole!
Colin always has me on my toes these days. He is so curious about everything, and I'm really curious about when he's going to understand that doing something even though I said not to has negative consequences. You know, things like...playing in the fireplace.
Colin never ceases to amaze me every single day - he always seems to find very creative ways to entertain himself. He likes to take an object, like a shoe or the booger sucker, and whip it around and then pivot on his bootyw while he's whipping it. Earlier in the week Colin also took a real liking to batting around a bell (much like a dog), but that ended quickly once he realized it fit perfectly into his mouth. He also learned how to open and shut the cabinets in the kitchen. He's really turned the kitchen into a creative playground; from the fridge to the cabinets to the dishwasher, the possibilities are endless!
Colin is still a great eater - the doctor was so impressed with his diet and the range of food he eats! We've pretty much completely done away with pureed foods (thank the gods) and are onto adult foods! Avocado, cottage cheese & hummus are by far his favorites, and we're introducing new summer foods like cherries, blueberries & grapes! He really is a great eater, and has a voracious appetite. Sometimes you need to be careful or he will chomp your finger!
Last week, I noticed Colin would take both hands off his "support" (i.e. my leg, the entertainment center, the couch) and actually stand for a few seconds. The first couple times I noticed it I thought I was imagining things, but when I showed Chris one night Colin was definitely standing! He has a bit of the jelly leg syndrome, but he'll stay upright for a spell. Since then we've been working on standing solo, and walking from mom to dad or chair to couch. It is so thrilling to watch him but also...I just got used to him crawling! I will probably always be playing catch-up with this dude!
The main reason I am so late is because Grandma Karen came out for a visit!! She flew in Saturday and left yesterday, and this time it did not feel like long enough. I had asked her to bring out some baby pictures of when I was little - I really do think Colin looks like me and I wanted to see pictures of me around his age to be sure. Try not to get distracted by how cute I was, but I see a pretty strong resemblance huh? I of course see glimpses of Chris in him, especially in the expressions, but he is a white boy for sure.
Sadly Colin's swim lesson was canceled due to a fecal accident (need I say more), but we got our swim on at the hotel pool so she could see him in action. We also did some shopping, but mostly just had some quality time with her & the baby. He's such a happy little guy and just goes with the flow so well. Here he is giving us "pouty."
To anyone reading this with a mother within driving distance - do not take that for granted! I understand sometimes mom drive-bys can get annoying but be thankful you don't have the opposite scenario like I do, in which you only see your parents twice a year! It isn't nearly as tough when it is just you, but the whole thing gets 1000x tougher when you have a kid, because now she has to say goodbye to you and the grandkid...yeesh. Hopefully someday I'll be lucky enough to be annoyed again by mom drive-bys!






No comments:
Post a Comment