Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Cousins Galore!

Oh Colin just had some adventures in the last week! His unique personality continues to shine and make us laugh. We are starting to wean him off formula so his appetite is bigger for solid foods, and ready for milk when the time comes! I haven't made any baby food in weeks which makes me feel like a new person. Every now and then I think I'm ready for a new baby, but I want to enjoy the new-found freedom of not having to breastfeed or pump or make baby food for just a bit longer. In the meantime, Colin continues to keep me on my toes!


Colin is pretty talkative but he's starting to make sounds other than daa daa or maa maa - he's been incorporating k's and g's so I've been working more often to show him things while saying the name of the object when he looks at me as well. Fortunately for Doodie, "dog" is a great example of a perfect first word! 


Colin went on an adventure this weekend to Oklahoma. He got to go on his second plane trip and by now he's a pro, as evidenced by the picture below where he's telling that plane what to do! 


To give those who don't know the rundown:
  • Colby is Chris' older brother. His wife is Goldie, and they have a little boy named Crew who is 3 weeks older than Colin. Goldie is pregnant & due on Colin's birthday! 
  • Crystal is Chris' younger sister. Her husband is Clint and they have a 2 1/2 year old named Graham and a 13 month old named Brooks. 
In this picture from left to right, is Graham, Colin, Brooks and Crew, all being held by Grandma Octopus Arms Yvette!

Saturday we spent the day at Chris' sister's home with the whole family. We went to Top Golf during the day, then went back for some lunch and outside playtime! The kids are all so close in age that it is fun to see them interact with each other & to see similarities and differences. Also, Colin isn't around other kids & babies at all, so it was cute to see how he reacted to his cousins. We discovered that Colin is a sympathy crier...meaning, when one of the other kids would cry, Colin would watch them for a minute, look around and then start crying himself! It was almost as if he was saying "Can someone please help that baby?! Don't you hear him?" What an endearing quality, but I couldn't help but hope he'll grow out of that phase in time for baby #2. 

 Chris holding Brooks, Clint holding Crew, Colby holding Colin & Curt holding Graham
 Crew, Colin & Brooks 
Colin, Crew & Graham

Clint & Crystal had plans to go out of town on Sunday so we headed to Goldie & Colby's house on Saturday evening, then Chris' parents came over Sunday afternoon. Colin & Crew are so close in age and pretty much the same size & at the same development stages so it was fun to see them interact one on one. At one point Colin tried to "kiss" (likely bite) Crew and they hugged - so sweet! 


Auntie Goldie is a hairstylist, and we'd all be remiss if we didn't talk about how weird Colin's bangs have been over the last couple months. I asked her to help me out and trim them up; Colin's first haircut!! I thought he would be a lot more fidgety and try harder to escape, but he did a great job and though I never thought it possible, he looks SO much cuter! 




My big boy turns 10 months old tomorrow - I'm already simultaneously excited & annoyed for his picture session. He is just so damn curious about the silly little stickers! I'm sure I will channel my inner zen & get a few decent pictures that aren't blurry! Until next week <3




No comments:

Post a Comment