Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 26 - Half Way!

Today baby officially turns 6 months old, and for some reason I am taking this as a huge milestone met. I am proud of Chris and I everyday for the progress we're making, but this seems like a major accomplishment. I reminisce back to the first couple of weeks where neither of us were sleeping and recall thinking "When is everything going to be normal again?!" All the moms just kept saying "It gets better with time" and as insufferable as that was to hear at a moment when I thought my eyes were bleeding and death by exhaustion was around the corner, I knew I just had to keep putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. And now, here we are. Everything is getting closer to a parent's version of normal; Colin now sleeps in his crib through the night, he's doing great on solid foods, and continues to enjoy exploring the world, his oyster. He's still just as happy as ever, as are we to have this little person in our lives.


Colin is doing much better with solid foods, and his poops are all peanut butter. What a relief that is! I had been dying to get him a high chair for awhile, but we had to wait until we had enough cabbage in the bank. We were using the Bumbo seat but it was getting scary and Colin hated it! He would do back bends to try to get out of that thing, and there were a few times he almost flipped out of it. I am so thrilled to have a real high chair now! Such a difference, and he already knows what is coming when he sits down in it. By far, his favorite food is peas, which I absolutely abhor. I hate the smell, the texture, the taste, everything. Having it be his favorite food is definitely the universe's way of punishing me for something I did somewhere along the line because I physically gag every time I make them for Colin! You can see his affinity for them below.


The high chair also serves an additional purpose - keeping him secured so we can catch up on dishes or tidying up. I was putting his usual toys on the tray but he quickly figured out that a fun game is throw-your-toys-on-the-ground-and-see-how-fast mom-comes-to-pick-it-them-up. I swear I would place a toy back on the tray and wouldn't be halfway turned around when I'd hear it go crashing to the floor again. So yesterday, we went on a trip to find toys that suction cup to his tray. Here he is, mesmerized by new toys! 


While we were at Target, we saw these little hats and of course couldn't resist the opportunity to embarrass our child. Baby Frank Sinatra everyone!


Little Colin unfortunately has his first cold. He's been boogery for a couple of days now, and has a cough. Fresh air is always important, but even moreso when a cold is involved. I've always found it helped me to get outside even when I was feeling icky, so I wanted to be sure to get some Colorado air in those baby lungs! Plus, it also helps the boogies flow out, all the better when I use the booger sucker! Saturday we went to Golden for a nice walk outside while Chris was studying, but Sunday was cold and snowy so I had to bundle him up! He reminds me of the kid from "A Christmas Story" in the picture below - couldn't move if he tried (but to be clear, he can, so don't call child services). 


That puts a close on the 6th month entry. Colin continues to amaze me everyday, and I always try to take mental pictures, saying "Remember this moment, and be thankful for it." He won't be a baby forever (tears just welled up in my eyes BTW) but I know no matter how old, tall and handsome he gets, Chris and I will always see the little baby who changed everything for the better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment