Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 25 - Chatterbox

Indeed I am a day late on this, but for good reason! We traveled to Chris' parent's house in Oklahoma this weekend to watch the AFC Championship and got home late yesterday afternoon. I'm happy to report we have a new "thing" this week and it is foreshadowing that we're going to have a little chatterbox on our hands! Colin is loving just "blah blah blah-ing" all day long, and sometimes words don't even have to come out and he just moves his mouth. It cracks me up because he looks like a little fishy opening and closing his mouth! He seems to like the sound of his own voice, because he sure does it a lot. Chris thinks he's saying "Da-da" - how unfair it is to the selfless struggle moms go through to have babies say Dad before Mom. RUDE!


As mentioned, we drove out to Oklahoma to watch the Broncos game with Chris' family. It is almost exactly a six hour drive, and lucky for us the baby sleeps quite a bit. We've noticed he's getting better and better at finding his thumb when tired or distressed and we try to encourage him to take the pacifier instead as much as possible. Ideally we don't want him to become dependent on either but you can take away a pacifier; you cannot cut off his little thumbs! It is hard, because he sure does look cute sucking that thumb, but we do have to stay on top of it and be consistent! 


When he's awake in the car, I have to constantly think of new ways to entertain him so he doesn't get too fidgety in his car seat. I brought along toys, but after awhile he seemed to get bored with them so mom had to get creative. Colin loved water bottles and popping my bubblegum! The world is his oyster. 


On the drive yesterday I was looking at pictures to upload to the blog and realized I didn't have any of Colin and his cousins, Graham and Brooks! It is so interesting to see how babies and kids have such different personalities, even when they are this little. Colin seems to like being around other babies! We were at a restaurant last night and he was flirting a whole bunch with another little baby close by. Future little heart breaker. 


Colin's poo problems have seemingly been resolved, thank goodness! We tried peaches last week and he is NOT a fan. He will reluctantly eat them but isn't as interested in them as he is in other fruits or vegetables. Colin still loves peas so much, and yesterday we tried green beans at night. He ate them but after about an ounce he lost interest. We'll try them again tonight! I even gave him a little shrimp to try - seems like it was a hit!! 


My milk production still can't keep up with the amount he needs to eat, so we introduced formula over the weekend. It breaks my heart a bit to not be able to produce enough milk to feed him, as I know that is best. However, I'm still going to pump and feed him as much milk as I can for as long as I can, and supplementing isn't the end of the world. I have a feeling this little guy will be quite happy as long as he has a full tummy, a warm bed, and two loving parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment