Sunday, November 8, 2015

Tarzan Dance Moves - Week 14

Ahh my first full week at work. I will admit some days it is nice to get out of the house and do my own thing but given the chance I'd absolutely stay at home with him all day every day. Mondays and Wednesdays Chris has class all day so I'm working and flying solo taking care of the little nugget. At first I thought it would be really difficult because he's so active and doesn't sleep much but it wasn't as hard as I expected - in fact it was much easier. While I'm thankful that I have the flexibility to work from home, I wish so much that I could stay home with the little bugger. I mean, come on...


This week his new talent is what I call Tarzan Dance Moves. When he gets excited he jerks his arms up and down and sometimes beats his little belly in the process, and low and behold he coined a dance move. Chris sent me the video below while I was at work - when mom is away the boys will play!


He still really loves tummy time; he always has but I think now he's starting to appreciate being able to see everything from a different angle. He continues to roll over on accident, but I've been putting little toys out ahead of him and he seems pretty determined to crawl. I don't think I'll have any issues losing the last 10lbs of baby weight once this little dude becomes mobile! Doodie has learned that I will throw her toys if she's nice to the baby. I was lucky enough to document her ulterior motives below - you'll notice her rat baby isn't too far away.  Mmmm tasty. 


There's a little park down the street from our apartment that I've been taking him to, and this week I introduced him to the swings. He seems to really like it - he will either start to fall asleep or just look around trying to figure things out. Got a few great snaps of him below! 


I've always thought he looked like me, but I am really noticing it more and more these days. One of my friends told me Freud had a theory that sons looked like mothers and daughters looked like fathers so they would be able to connect on a level other than gender. Maybe I fall into that trap and he doesn't really look like me, but I'll continue to think he's a good-looking baby no matter who he looks like. I'll keep him!


No comments:

Post a Comment