Ok, ok, one day late, but I got a lot done this weekend prepping for the impending winter so I am going to give myself a high five anyway. Taking him outside these days is way more labor intensive as it involves a jacket and a hat and gloves, but I still try to do it as much as possible because I know how good the fresh air is for him. And, he tends to just pass out when we come back so it works out for everyone.
One thing that's definitely new this week is he has started squealing/screeching/screaming. It is never in pain or fear (yay us!), but more of a new trick he learned that sounds really cool so he loves doing it more and more and louder and louder. It is a bit frightening though when you hear the high pitched dinosaur squeal coming from another room, and you quickly run in only to find him pleasantly playing by himself - almost bothered you interrupted him.
He's also getting much stronger when it comes to rolling over. He has always had great head control during tummy time, and now his roll over motions seem a bit more deliberate. We have noticed him working on back to front, and he's getting very close! Just has to figure out that one pesky little arm and before you know it I'll be chasing him around losing that last 10lbs of baby weight!
Chris has also noticed at night he's trying to roll over and is actually making headway, which scares us because we still depend on the swaddle. If he rolls over while swaddled and doesn't have his arms out to push himself up, he could suffocate (noooh my gosh, terrifying thought) so this week we will be weaning him off the swaddle. Like the pacifier, I have a love/hate relationship with the swaddle: he falls asleep so much quicker if he's swaddled, but on the other hand you have to swaddle him (almost) every time before sleep.
Baby has been getting really touchy feely in general - he's always grabbing for something - but now especially with his bottle. He will put his hands up by it, and if you help him out a bit on positioning he will actually hold it up himself! I thought it was a fluke when it happened the other day, but wouldn't you know when it was empty he pulled it out? What a little champion.
As we are every week, we are so thankful to have him - he has brought out the best of us and despite how hard, tiring and sometimes downright gross it can be, neither of us would have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment