I woke up on Friday morning (July 31st) and for some reason I just knew that something was going to start happening that evening. In fact, I told Chris, my sister and sister-in-law that I felt like the time was near. I think it was mostly because that night was a blue moon, and as hippie-tastic as it sounds I've always been really affected by full moons - my mood is different somehow. And, maybe, I really wanted to say I went into labor "once in a blue moon" which now my dorky self can! Bazing!
I had starting working from home that week, and part of my morning routine involved some gym time. I did some cardio, and decided to do some squats and stretches I had seen that have jump started labor. (NSFW) While I was showering, I looked down and saw a strange little thing on the floor, and I thought it was my mucus plug, which is what holds your uterus together and can be a sign of labor once it falls out. No further description required; I think "mucus plug" paints a clear enough picture. Now, let's be honest, when your belly is big sometimes wiping after a #2 can be a bit challenging and sometimes, you can get a little TP stuck while in the act. To ensure it wasn't some clingy toilet paper I picked it up and sure enough - not toilet paper (+25 curiosity points).
Now, losing the mucus plug doesn't give you a timeline of when your little nugget will show up; could be same day, or could be 2 weeks. So I continued as if it was any other day and worked. All day I was having some cramping, and just general discomfort. Chris had his last final of the second summer session that day, so I kept everything quiet again (see previous post) so he could focus solely on the final. Once he got home, we decided to go celebrate at our favorite Mexican place. My cramps had started coming more frequently to the point where I started paying attention to how often they were coming. As the evening wore on, they were coming quicker and were more intense - I couldn't even sleep! It felt like someone was just twisting my middle lower abs and then finishing it off with a sharp stab. I was nervous it was false labor, so I took a walk and then showered as my sister-in-law had told me if it was false labor it would go away. NOPE.
Around 6am when they were 5 minutes apart, I finally called my OBGYN and told them what I was experiencing. She told me to go to the hospital, so we grabbed the hospital bag and headed off! I'm pretty sure Chris thought we'd be coming back home in a couple hours, but little did he know! Stay tuned for what happened next!
No comments:
Post a Comment