Sadly more of the same quarantining/I-feel-like-someone-is-going-to-jump-out-of-the-bushes-and-yell-at-me-about-social-distancing-at-a-playground feelings. My sister was due with her first baby on June 3rd, and I knew she wanted me to come visit so as soon as he was born I planned to go back into full lockdown....until then though!
LOTS of outside time - especially because nothing is really open yet here in Michigan. We went on a lot of hikes, went to a few beaches, picked strawberries and just tried to get out of the house however we could.
Hikes....
Outside water fun (yeah I filled over 100 water balloons this month and they lasted a total of roughly 12min 37sec.
Playgrounds...
Is anything better than a fresh sun-ripened strawberry?
Two years ago we adopted Carlo, and apparently I got the itch to add another fur baby to the mix, so we adopted Figaro! I don't know much about cats, but I wanted Carlo to have a friend at home once quarantine was fully lifted and we could return to normal life. We met Fig, and that was it! He had a transition period, but honestly, he is a really great cat. He likes being around us, he and Carlo now play together, and (best of all) he doesn't scratch the furniture and uses his litterbox! Also he's super cute and the kids love him.
Father's Day came as expected. Chris and Colin went fishing (caught one little baby fish) and then we grilled out. Nothing super exciting but, as the working parent he wanted to spend the day with us (whereas me, the SAH parent, was like...BYE.)
It has been VERY hot in Michigan this month, and very little rain, so we have put in the extra effort to make sure our plants don't shrivel up and die. Luckily I have two very eager helpers.
My sister finally had her baby (yay!) so I headed out to visit toward the end of the month. Ohhh baby snuggles - but no baby fever for me. It was awesome to spend time with her family (and I love her dog) and see her as a mom, but little babies legit suck the life from you. I mean, all kids do in a way, but the dependency of a new baby is not in the cards for me anymore. But, I love OTHER people's babies!
COLIN. We have really noticed how this poor kid has been negatively affected by COVID. The child needs other children. I could spend every waking hour playing with him but it just isn't the same. He is such a social creature, I feel so bad he's having a hard time. I am so hopeful this gets easier as the summer goes on and we are able to see more friends.
But, then he does things like this. I couldn't find him, and I looked out the window to see he was giving our neighbor a paper bag puppet to "make her feel happy today."
BLAIR. What can I say about this one? She is an animal lover - period - and she set her mind that Figaro was going to love her. There was a bit of a learning curve because, as we all know cats are not dogs, and Carlo is a very special creature in himself. There were scratches and bites, but she was determined for Fig to love her, and he does! Very impressive.
But do not for one second think she forgot about her number one BFF.
That is it! Seems like a very short post. Always leave the audience wanting more.

No comments:
Post a Comment