Monday, July 25, 2016

Last Week of Under a Year Old!

We're going to a be a couple of busy little bees these next couple weeks! Chris' parents came up this past weekend for a quick visit, then we travel to Ohio for Colin's first birthday party July 27th - August 2nd. Traveling with a kid and a dog can be very stressful so I haven't allowed myself to think about all the packing and logistics just yet. I have started trying to find things to occupy Colin while we are at the airport and on the plane. He seems to like this game!


I have been pretty terrible about taking pictures this last week. I can't even remember if I have an excuse or not, which is pretty sad. We've still been taking our morning runs to the park to play for a bit which is great, and Colin is pretty much fully transitioned to a long nap in the late morning and a 7pm bedtime. On one hand it frees up our afternoons since he doesn't need a second nap, but on the other, sometimes mom & dad need a little nap in the afternoon!

Chris' parents arrived on Friday afternoon and we went out for dinner. We are getting to the point where going out to eat can be somewhat of a challenge with our little Energizer bunny. Colin is just so curious about everything and wants to touch and grab, so when we do go out it is nice to have an extra set of hands to reel him in. Look at that wing span of destruction!


We of course had our swim lessons on Saturday morning and Colin was a little star just like every week. Truth be told, all of the kids that are still in his lessons have really improved but they still don't seem as comfortable or eager in the water as our little fish and the next youngest is 17 months! If he is a little scared or hesitant, he certainly doesn't show it or let it hold him back. We may eventually need to take out a second mortgage just to cover his insurance premiums. 


While Colin was sleeping we decided to take him to a little water park in the afternoon. Choosing a water activity is a sure fire way to see a happy little dude! I got everything packed up, including snacks and extra clothes and diapers and we headed out. Chris' mom and I were just leaving the changing room and they blew the whistles because they saw lightning. By law they have to wait 30 minutes to assess the storm and check for any more lightning, so the three of us played in the sand, walked around a dry splash pad and even got messy in a little puddle! They ended up never reopening, which was such a bummer - you could tell he really wanted to get into that water. But Yvette, Colin and I made lemonade out of lemons, and got a great model pose from one cute baby!


Colin also did his best foot print impression of a pirate - have to make lemons of out lemonade.


We rounded out the weekend with breakfast on Sunday morning. At one point Colin screamed bloody murder - people around us flinched and turned their heads, but no one at our table flinched. We're all so used to terrorizing noises coming from children that it was just an everyday noise.


Colin certainly loves an audience - that was confirmed this weekend. Whenever he is dancing or climbing or running, he always checks to see if we are watching. Any time he has a larger audience than just Chris and I - wow, that's when he really shines. He just makes his way around to each person for attention, moving onto the next once he gets distracted. Colin also appreciates some good down time though, as evidence by the below - just getting educated on Denver attractions.


My Dad always shares a story from when I was under 2 years old; I was holding a book upside down, and "reading" (basically just going "blah blah blah blah blah") and turning pages. Seems like history repeats itself.


I cannot believe Colin is going to be one year old a week from today! I am so excited, and happy and also a little gut-wrenched. Everyone says to be sure to enjoy it because time goes so fast, and it really does. He has shown so much of who he's going to grow up to be, and I am so looking forward to what he grows into. 




No comments:

Post a Comment