Crazy to think that he's 20 weeks out of the womb, especially since we found out we were having a boy when he was 20 weeks inside the womb. It is so funny how your concept of time changes after a baby comes into your life. Now every day is relegated to when he ate last and when he needs to eat again. And just to think of how a tiny little human can completely take over and transform how you did everything beforehand - of course in the cutest way possible.
Sadly. I went to work more than usual this week since Chris was out of school, so I wasn't able to get as many pictures as I normally do! I hope you'll forgive me though because I got a few really great videos of him. All this time my employer thought it was me sending those scathing emails, when in fact...
Colin is still going strong with the solid foods, and by strong I mean crazy. We have been giving him 2-3 solids per day and then 1-2 bottles. And, he loves it. Like I've said before he knows what's coming when you set everything up, but he's developed an annoying habit of banging his hands against the side of the Bumbo seat in anticipation of the food. At first this was cute, like "Haha, it is so funny because he's adorable and learning!" but now it is kind of obnoxious. I know he's too young to understand that he's never going to starve on our watch, much less know how lucky he is to actually have food. Additionally, trying to hit a tiny moving target with sloppy oatmeal mixed with breastmilk on a rubber covered spoon is a test of patience as well. I know he'll get better at it as time goes on, but until then...deep breaths Julie, deep breaths, and focus on the times he makes you laugh by being almost as weird as you.
The good thing is that he can now go through the night without needing an extra feed; that isn't to say he doesn't wake up, because he does, but it is such a relief when you just have to roll him over to get him to go back to sleep rather than physically wake up, get a bottle ready and burp him. It is also hilarious to me to see him sleeping on his side or stomach, like a grown man.
The horrible, horrifying thing to come from solid foods is the diapers. Oh my goodness, I like to think I have a pretty strong stomach for things - pulling poo out of Doodie's butt hair has (I thought) prepared me well for most things disgusting. But, no. scraping that hellish smelling paste from your baby's booty, while simultaneously trying to ensure he doesn't grab his feces covered boy parts and stick his hand in his mouth is the true definition of labor of love. The worst part is, you know when he's preparing you a gag fest; he grunts so hard and his face turns red, and all you can do is just sit there and wait until it is done. The term "impending doom" comes to mind in these situations. You're welcome for not adding a picture here. Needless to say, he'll also be getting more baths, which I doubt he'll mind because he's finally learned how fun they can be. Again, you're welcome for the sensor.
We're off to Ohio tomorrow! I've got a checklist of about 40 things I need to remember to pack, just for him - he gets his own little suitcase *eye roll*. We are also taking Doodie, so saying our hands will be full is an understatement. I'm looking forward to Colin meeting new family and friends, and know I will be so happy to be in the city I've grown to love so much more after I've left. To be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment