Just when I think I may not have something to add, this little star surprises us with a new trick! I've found myself recently looking back at pictures of when he was first born, and I cannot believe how fast and how much he's grown. Sure, there are times when he's rolling around like a madman while I'm trying to multi-task that I miss the days when he stayed somewhat stationary, but it has been so much fun encouraging him to advance to the next stage in his young life. Next up: sitting! We are practicing on my stomach in this picture.
As you know from previous posts, Colin can now roll over from back to front and front to back with ease. He no longer sleeps with a swaddle of any kind, day or night, and unfortunately the rolling continues well into the evening hours. He wakes up maybe once or twice in the middle of the night but has learned over the last week to self-soothe and has been falling asleep quicker each time he wakes. It has been tough on us both, especially Chris as he sleeps in the room with him, but baby is making progress! It has really been nice to have him fall asleep without having to swaddle him first, and as you can see the baby is taking advantage of his new-found limb freedom.
My Dad actually asked if all he does is sleep now since the majority of SnapChats I send are of Colin counting sheep. I told Colin what Grandpa Doug said and I managed to capture Colin's facial expression (read: "Get serious man!"):
Colin is still eating like a miniature teenager. Once you set him up in that Bumbo seat and put his bib on, he gets a huge grin on his face and knows what is coming! He tries to bite the bowl if you put it too close to his face, and tries to grab the spoon as it is coming towards his mouth. Quite the impatient little bugger - we'll have to work on that :). Colin tries to eat anything and everything - if it can get to his mouth he's going to have a stab at determining whether it is edible! This week we're doing 3 meals of oatmeal cereal a day, and next week we're going to introduce avocados, bananas and sweet potatoes. I think he's going to be in hog heaven! We both think he's grown a bit more since we've been doing solids - as proof, the PJs below are 6-9 months (also note how he barely fits on his playmat anymore!).
We still try to keep him upright after feedings, as he does spit up quite a bit (though he is getting better). It has become increasingly difficult for me to work and keep him upright as he's fascinated by the computer and keyboard. Usually I just give in, open up a blank Word document and let him go to town. He thinks he is the coolest.
A side note: he really likes looking at himself in the mirror, so if he still needs to sit up for a few minutes I will take him into the bathroom and stand him up (holding under his arms) so he can see himself in the mirror - he absolutely loves it!! Colin gets so excited and laughs and squeals - it is hilarious and I wish I could capture it but I have to hold him up. I still haven't decided if he knows it is him or some equally studly baby just looking back at him, but either way it is a good way to kill time.
On Thursday of last week, I had to be in the office all day, and Chris had a presentation for school so I had to bring the baby to work for a few hours. At first I was nervous - I wasn't sure how he'd do with complete strangers, but he had a stellar time! Colin just went from lap to lap, giving people their baby fix and making them laugh. Colin loves feeling people's faces too - at first I thought it was just with Chris because of the beard, but I think that's his way of figuring things out. He loves touching our faces when we're trying to put him to sleep also. Little (white) Baby Ray Charles.
We are so lucky to have a happy and healthy baby and look forward to each day we get with this little nugget of love. We love seeing his little quirks, and seeing more and more of his personality shine through every day.










No comments:
Post a Comment