Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Summer is finally here!

The time of year I have waited for since we moved to Michigan: summer! When I lived in Denver I would always miss the greenery of the Midwest - everywhere you looked were full trees and plush green grass and all sorts of wildflowers. It is truly something you don't appreciate until you don't have it anymore!

Colin has been having all kinds of adventures this month, per usual. Our options have opened up a little bit since we can now do outdoor water activities, but we're still having fun just exploring around our apartment complex. You can discover new things all the time...

Golf:


Farmer's Market:



Watering our garden:

Water activities:



Kellogg's Cereal Festival

African dance & drum circle:

BUGGIES (it is dead):

Parks about town:


 And our own backyard!

And you know, just being cool.

Ever since Colin was born, I wanted to take him on the bike with me. I used a bike almost exclusively for transportation when we lived in Denver, and really missed being able to ride around. I got the bike out and got a tune up, and Colin was more than happy to help & supervise to make sure I was doing everything the right way. Once I got my stock returns from hell PSB, my self-purchase was for a bike trailer. Let me tell you - it has more than paid for itself already. Colin LOVES it; getting him in and out of the car seat was always a struggle (he pitched a fit) and he got pretty hot back there. But in the bike trailer, he has no issue getting in and out. He has the joy of feeling the breeze in his hair, and the wind carries away all his worries.



One on trip, Colin was especially evil, and I heard him screaming so I stopped and said "What's wrong?" thinking something popped up and hit him, his helmet was scratchy, etc. Oh no, one of his shoes was missing, nowhere to be found. At that point I just wanted to get home so I got back on and pedaled home. When I got back, I saw this - little punk took of his other shoe and both socks and tossed them out of the trailer.


Colin has also been very curious about new foods, which I am happy to oblige. He has had all kinds of ethnic foods and spices, and the one thing he cannot stand is...grapefruit. Colin will eat raw onion, raw garlic, lemons, rice wine vinegar, but grapefruit is the only thing he refuses to even bite.






I feel like I am jipping you a bit with little stories and actual text, but I'm pretty sure most people just scroll through to see the pictures 😉. We are a few days into July and I know it will be a very exciting post next month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment