Or, when he had "crumbly" poop (think, Thing from Fantastic Four) that fell out of the diaper onto the bed. I had also been eating Easter chocolate all weekend on the bed (yes the pee soaked bed). This morning I saw a piece of brown and was about to eat it thinking it was chocolate, when in the nick of time I remembered there was a chance it could be a roly poly terd that escaped the diaper. W.T.F.
The best was when I thought Doodie would be okay to let out of her kitchen confine since she had a solid poo, only to realize five minutes later she had wet-pooed all over the carpet. While using the carpet cleaner, I turned to see the baby picking something out from under the couch and putting it in his mouth. I ran over, but couldn't put my hands in his mouth because I had carpet cleaner on them! It was a race to wash hands & get to the baby before he swallowed the shiny, enticing piece of tin foil he found under the couch. All while trying to work. Seriously, WTF! You start to appreciate the quiet moments, and laugh in wonder at how he gets himself into this position when you literally put him down right side up at the other end of the crib. Or wonder when he'll be able to read the book to you.
It wasn't all bad of course, just the majority of the recent days were WTFs. We had a huge snowstorm on Wednesday - after all was said and done it dropped almost 3 feet of snow! It was the worst storm I have seen since I've lived here (nine years, whoa!) Chris' school was canceled so we just hung out and watched it snow. It was so pretty! I cannot wait until we can play with Colin outside in the snow - I know he will love it. He already does!
It was Easter this weekend, and though neither of us are religious I still enjoy the traditions of egg dyeing and egg hunting, and giving goodie baskets! Chris originally said that Colin didn't need any toys, so I had to sneak out Saturday morning and get him a few little things: a ball, a lamb, a teether and a little chocolate Avengers egg (I took care of that one, but not before he had a few words for it).
Given how we saw him exploding around the apartment like he was on fire, I thought I'd place some of the eggs we dyed around the family room and see if he'd crawl to them. Wouldn't you know, he crawled toward every single one! How funny it was - he was SO determined to get each egg and wasn't stopping until he got it. Such a gem.
We discovered yesterday he had a VERY chapped little booty and I instantly felt terrible because I knew what did it; I forgot to change his diaper before I put him in the baby carrier for a long walk. Oh I felt so bad - his cheeks were so red and his little skin was all sore. We let him hang for a bit in one of Chris' old t-shirts, and put some Anti-Monkey Butt on to relieve & heal (buy that if you don't already have it!). It is looking much better today thankfully, but I won't forget to change his diaper before walking again!
He's already outgrown his 9 month pajamas, and will soon outgrow all the 9 month onesies. His little tooth is sprouting up really well; "All the better to bite you with mom!" He can go from crawling to sitting up and back down again, and rarely tips over anymore while sitting up. Colin also likes to use me as his personal jungle gym, so I started called him "Monkey" and "Jumanji" (it was on this weekend). I caught him sitting up in his crib trying to climb over the side this morning, so we'll have to lower it tonight. He's getting so big I can hardly keep up anymore. I just try to take mental snapshots of adorable moments every time they happen, and remember to try to turn something ordinary into something extraordinary.





No comments:
Post a Comment